Sunday, September 2, 2012


We went to Mass this morning at S. Susanna, a 4th century martyr. The liturgy was WONDERFUL!!!! My critical eye had very little to correct, so I was able to pray!!! They approached the doing of the liturgy in much the same way as we do at St. Thomas. The celebrant presided with style and was a great homilist. Anyone who begins a homily with Van Gogh has got my attention!!The cantor had a lovely voice and the music director took things at a good tempo, using both organ and piano where appropriate! They even used the same psalm setting that we did!! I even got to se my own pastor's homily because he so graciously sent it to me!!  (we loved it - I read it to Pat!)
     That first photo is us outside the church and the 2nd photo is the gate of a sculptor studio across the street from us

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having a wonderful time - keep those photos coming :) And never mind the gelato, have some more of that tagliatelle for me - my mouth is watering just thinking about it! Glad you were able to relax and enjoy your "new" parish - Mass at St. Thomas wasn't the same without you...
    Baci,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I am sure it was just as lovely with YOU!! I cooked for the 1st time - made penne a carne. It's a whole new experience actually living here!! Baci, Linda

      Delete
    2. ...but don't you find that everything tastes better? Enjoy every succulent morsel for me!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, yes!!! I made gravy tonight and even my own recipe tastes different here!! YUM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love keeping up with your adventures-my mouth is watering!!!! Emjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chris!! I find that I am enjoying the post more than I thought!! It's like re-living the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That gate looks like it belongs on your house! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I look at it long enough, it will be on my house-lol!!!,

      Delete